worldKit is an easy to use and flexible mapping application for the Web. Light weight GIS. It's a SWF based app, configured by XML, data fed by RSS. Stand-alone use or integration in larger projects.
FeaturesCheck out the Documentation for more detail on features. Features include ...
- Ubiquitous use in the Flash Player and with RSS feeds.
- Highly configurable look and feel. Can use images for marking annotations.
- Integrates with weblogging tools, and any software producing RSS.
- Displays photos within the map.
- Zoom & Pan. Integrates with Zoomify for high resolution images, and WMS Sources.
- Lines and Polygons. Time Navigation.
- Accepts input for Collaborative Cartography & GeoWiki.
- GPS track routes.
UsesCheck out the Examples page for links to live uses. worldKit has been deployed for ...
- Mapping hometowns of university students
- An interface to collections of scientific field data
- Mapping local resources on corporate intranet
- Media Monitoring for within government agencies
- Engine for collaborative city annotation
- Mapping Photoblogging travels
- Mapping social networks and bloggers